Here’s the latest email that just went out to my patients. Read on for more info.
So ready to start seeing you all again on Monday!
So here’s a little update on how things are going to look starting Monday, June 29. Please understand that I have some immunocompromised patients as well as some who are considered high/higher risk for COVID-19. I am trying to keep everyone’s risk low while still being able to have you all come in for a massage. I know some of you are not happy with the way things are right now, and I apologize. I am trying to work within NY State guidelines and keep my license in good standing. I have close friends whose families were affected by COVID-19. It was a heart-wrenching situation and I cannot imagine what they have been through. The messages I received from them about what was going on and how things progressed were rough enough to make me think twice about putting any of my patients and my family at risk.
Here’s what I’m doing to keep both you & me safe at the shop per NY State guidelines:
• I was tested for COVID-19 on June 23rd.
• I will be taking your temperature (touchless) upon arrival and asking all the standard screening questions before we enter the building. Please use the back entrance for your appointment.
• Hand sanitizer will be available for your use.
• I will be diffusing Thieves essential oil in the treatment room.
• As I have always done, my hands and forearms will be washed immediately before & immediately after working on you.
• Per NY State guidelines, you are required to wear a mask. (I know, I know. We will figure it out together.)
• I will be wearing a mask, a face shield, and an apron.
• I will be changing my clothes for each patient.
• Upon your departure, everything I am wearing, along with sheets, blanket, face cradle cover and any pillowcases you were in contact with will be put in a bin with a lid to be washed that evening.
• My face shield will be sanitized.
• Everything in the treatment room will be sanitized – door knobs, door frame, your chair & side table, my stool, massage table, and anything else that has been touched. Please refrain from touching anything you don’t need to in the treatment room.
• As there is not much air circulation due to lack of outside windows in the building, I have also purchased a HEPA air purifier and will have it running at all times. Between patients I will be running the UV-C function to help clear the air of potential pathogens.
• I will be seeing a limited number of patients each day due to increased sanitizing protocols and the amount of extra laundry.
For my peace of mind, here is what you can do to keep both of us safe:
• Per the usual protocol, do not come in if:
You do not feel well for any reason – fever, stomach upset, etc.
Someone in your household does not feel well for any reason
• If you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please do not come in. Your appointment will be rescheduled with no penalty.
• If you have been to larger group demonstrations or marches, please reschedule your appointment with no penalty.
• NY State issued a mandatory 14 day home quarantine period last night for people coming from Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Utah and Texas. Please follow these guidelines. Your appointment will be rescheduled with no penalty if you have visited any of these places.
• Out of an abundance of caution, I will also ask that you stay home if you have been outside of NY State at all in the last 14 days before your scheduled appointment. Your appointment will be rescheduled with no penalty if you have been out of state.
• If you don’t feel comfortable coming in yet, I respect that.
Also – Please have your check written out before you arrive for your appointment. I will be accepting cash, but please bring exact change. I am working on starting to accept credit/debit payments as well as PayPal in the near future.
All this being said, I am so looking forward to seeing you all again! Fourteen weeks of not seeing you has been a very long time.
What a few weeks it has been!
If you all are anything like me & my family, the first few days were chaos trying to figure everything out about being home 24/7. We have since settled into a semblance of a routine, as I hope you all have as well. Wayne is working from home as best he can and I am baby and dog wrangling during the day.
I miss all your lovely faces! Not getting to see you every day has been rough for the last two weeks, but we will make it through. I know some of you are stressing over missing appointments, and that’s ok. But think of it this way – We are protecting each other from COVID-19 by social distancing, and that is the best thing we can do right now. I have no idea how long this will all last, but I know that you are all resilient people who will find solutions to your aches and pains. And if you need a little help, please send me a message – I will help you through all this the best I can!
I have been checking in with you all slowly. Remember to get outside for a walk, have a dance party with your kids or furbabies, drink water (No excuses now – Everyone is close to a bathroom!), call or video chat with your family and friends, and catch up on some sleep. We can all learn to be a bit more gentle with ourselves in this crazy time.
What does this all mean for life as we knew it? I have no idea. But we will navigate it together <3
Here is the email that went out to everyone on my email list. Please read on for an important update.